Jumping Jack Rules
- WE REQUIRE DOGS TO BE CURRENT ON VACCINES AT LEAST ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE START DATE OF YOUR RESERVATION. All dogs must be current on Rabies, Bordetella, and DHP vaccinations. The influenza vaccine is recommended but not required at this time. We do accept titers in place of vaccines for dogs over 5 years of age, or dogs with a note from their veterinarian.
Some vaccines can take up to 2 weeks to become effective, please keep this in mind when making reservation requests, as we reserve the right to turn you away upon drop off if you do not have the required vaccines and paperwork. Because we are in the country we do recommend getting a Rattlesnake vaccine as well.
- We require all new dogs to complete an Evaluation Day prior to any reservation requests being accepted or confirmed. We complete Evaluations every day of the week, however there is limited availability for these. You will not be present for the Evaluation, but we do take video to show you when you pick up your dog at the end of the day.
What can I bring?
- We recommend bringing your dogs food in a labeled container or bag as well as any treats or medications you'd like to bring. Do not pre-bag medications in with your dogs food, upon check in staff will make sure that we set up your dogs medications for their stay. Please don't bring toys, beds, or bowls as those are all provided by our facility. We do not allow rawhides or bones because they are a choking hazard when not monitored the entire time they are eating them. If you do bring anything with you, please make sure to label it really well, as even though we do our best, things may get lost, or damaged by your dog.
- If you cancel more than 72 hours in advance you will receive your deposit back. For holiday stays not cancelled within 72 hours, we will be unable to refund your deposit.
- All dogs must have a cloth or leather collar with a name tag. In the event your dog does not have a name tag, they will be issued a temporary name tag. We do not accept collars that contain any chains, and we do not accept dogs with shock or prong collars. In addition to our collar policy; we will not release dogs that are not secure within your vehicle i.e. dogs in the back of pickup trucks will not be allowed on the Jumping Jack property. Dogs MUST be on leash when on Jumping Jack property as we do board some dogs with dog and people aggression. Jumping Jack Dog Ranch is not responsible for any injuries to your dog if your dog is off leash.
Pick your Path Boarding
- You may pick your dogs boarding path of group play, or geriatric quiet room time. That being said, both group play and the geriatric room require behavior evaluation by our trainers to make sure your dog is a good fit for the group. In the event we determine your dog is not a good fit for group play or the geriatric room, they will be moved to the "human time only" plan. We only accept 7 Human Time Only dogs each day, so these boarding paths book up 6+ months in advance. All boarding paths are the same price. See our pricing section under the FAQ drop down.
- All dogs must be up to date on flea/tick prevention. In the event we notice fleas/ticks on your dog they will be given a bath by our grooming staff at your expense, and sprayed with our essential oil flea repellant spray containing witch hazel, peppermint, citronella and lemongrass.
- We do accept unaltered dogs, but they must be on the human time path if they're over 18 months of age. Unaltered dogs are sometimes placed in playgroup with dogs of the opposite gender only, but this is at the discretion of our trainers. We do not accept dogs in heat on the property under any circumstances.
- We do not have breed restrictions, but we do build playgroups around your dogs breed, size, and personality. For example, a large German Shepherd will never be placed in the same playgroup as a Chihuahua. All play is supervised, and any warning signs of aggression will result in a dog being moved to the "human time only" plan.
- We do require all clients to sign a photography release so that photos may be posted to our social media page. We take thousands of pictures of dogs throughout the day to share with their owners and it is not manageable for us to determine who has/hasn't signed our photography waiver. In the event you are not comfortable having your dog photographed, this might not be the right boarding facility for you.
- Daycare is cancelled on days when there is severe rain/thunderstorms. In the event you still need to bring your dog, we can take care of them but we cannot guarantee the same level of play as our indoor play space is limited.